Thursday 10 July 2008

sense

I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory, the more outré the better. The internet harbours a fair few such theses, but the one on this site is on a grander scale than most. It takes in mad cow disease, the royal family, the X-files and much more besides.

"Although the age difference between William and myself was extreme, I took the position that we are going to be married for 50 years. It doesn't matter that much. My anthropological position was that the peak for sexual appetite in the male is 17, while that for the female is 34. I suspected that this was because we females could not be easily drawn from the water. We probably also didn't like transforming from standing on our toes in the water, to standing on our feet on dry land. So eventually it became necessary to invent high-heeled shoes. But I still think we would all like to return to our baths."

No comments: