Monday 25 February 2008

another personal statement

Having completed courses in both Fine Art and Design at undergraduate and postgraduate level, I am now ready to use these skills to embark on a suitable career. During the Master of Design (MDes) course that I completed in 2007, I worked on a series of projects using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign software, eventually creating a web-based FLASH animation for use as a teaching resource. Most importantly, the course provided experience in using group initiatives to solve design problems.
Through my Fine Art background I have assisted in running Generator Projects, a local contemporary artists’ space, for whom I served on the committee for two years. I am currently working on my own fine art projects, and have taken on the role of contributing editor at Yuck’n Yum, a local web-based arts fanzine. I have experience in a variety of roles, and feel I would work well as part of a team to help realise design-based goals.

No comments: