Tuesday 8 January 2008

964 PINOCCHIO

Listing for Thursday's Cine Salon:



A weekly display of hidden or neglected facets of the magic lantern. The finest wines and cheeses shall be served.
Don't miss!

3 Springfield, Dundee.
Thursday 10th January, 9pm

COMING SOON!

964 PINOCCHIO
(1991, dir. Shozin Fukui)

Wikipedia.org:
Released in 1991, this Japanese cyberpunk film is filmmaker Shozin Fukui's big cyberpunk anthem. It deals with the theme of sex androids as well as mental breakdowns in a hallucinogenic thrill ride.

IMDB plot summary:
Pinocchio 964, lobotomised cyborg sex slave, is thrown out onto the street by his owners because of his inability to maintain an erection. He is befriended by a criminally insane, memory-wiped, homeless girl. Meanwhile, the corporate entity who manufactured and sold him plots to kill him because of his malfunction.

IMDB message boards:
This is my favorite movie. When I was watching this, I felt like I was becoming as insane as the characters. I was smashing my face against my wall, throwing DVDs out the window just to see the look on Mr. Whitman's face, slicing my cleft node in two with a filing cabinet, it wasn't even mine! -- it was that good! Reminded me of Andrzej Zulawski's POSSESSION but more insane.


No comments: