Friday 21 November 2008

spunk

Owing to a sudden influx of birthday money and artist's fee windfall cash, I've been buying a fair bit of music over the last week or so:

Optimo: Sleepwalk mix
Status: Bought, excellent with nice artwork by Cathy Wilkes.

Metro Area: Fabric mix
Status: Bought, and I'm listening to it now. It's great!

Whitehouse: Cruise
Ordered from Discogs, but still in the post. Absolute classic.


Whitehouse: Bird Seed

Bought, was listening to really loud in an empty house while washing up the other day. Sort of a sister album to Cruise, and maybe not quite as good, if only by the breadth of a split hair.


Rude 66: As

Ordered from Juno, not yet arrived.


Angela / Riz Ortolani: I Gotta Little Love / Il Corpo Di Linda

Part of the same order as the Rude 66 record.


Tik and Tok: Cool Running

Paid for today, learned of it through Disco Hustle's mix The Lower Depths. Dark and wavey, the Aphex Twin is supposedly keen on this one.

Sunbelt: Spin It
Fantastic record, linked to the video clip yesterday, truly outstanding and has me dancing round my living room. "You've got to spin it! Woh woh woh!" Not yet arrived.

Yello: Bostich
Had it for a while on a compilation, but heard it on a mix by Intergalactic Gary and bid for a 12" on eBay.

Yello: Vicious games
Ditto, but I've never had this record in any form and I've no idea why not.

Bumblebee Unlimited: Lady Bug
A longtime favourite of mine, so I've put in a bid on eBay.

Lisa: Rocket To Your Heart
Linked to the video clip the other day, pure sunshine in a glass.

No comments: