Thursday 26 August 2010

15 albums in 15 minutes

I'll be spending a few days at home in Leeds for a bit of home cooking and convalescence. Before I left I was asked to complete an inconsequential Facebook survey, and I do hereby present my reply...

The rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen albums you've heard that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. Tag fifteen friends, including me, because I'm interested in seeing what albums my friends choose...

Nico - The Marble Index


Soft Cell - Non Stop Erotic Cabaret


Suicide - Suicide


Whitehouse - Great White Death


Scott Walker - The Drift


Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire de Melody Nelson


Siouxsie and the Banshees - Kaleidoscope


Current 93 - The Inmost Light


Velvet Underground and Nico


Dopplereffekt - Gesamtkunstwerk


White Noise - An Electric Storm


Coil - Musick to Play in the Dark Vol. 1


ABBA - The Visitors


Chris and Cosey - Techno Primitiv


Kate Bush - The Dreaming


Granted that took a little over the allocated time, but still I think it's a decent selection. It captures a narrative and it does so better than any of the others I saw.

No comments: