Monday 2 March 2009

demon dog


During my convalescence I've been very grateful to borrow a couple of books by the American crime writer James Ellroy.

"Good evening peepers, prowlers, pederasts, panty-sniffers, punks and pimps. I'm James Ellroy, the demon dog, the foul owl with the death growl, the white knight of the far right, and the slick trick with the donkey dick. I'm the author of 16 books, masterpieces all; they precede all my future masterpieces. These books will leave you reamed, steamed and drycleaned, tie-dyed, swept to the side, true-blued, tattooed and bah fongooed. These are books for the whole fuckin' family, if the name of your family is the Manson Family."

Extract from James Ellroy, White Jazz:

Monsters:
Charles Issler, confessor - front-page-hot female snuffs. 'Hit me! Hit me!' - known to bite Homicide bulls who wouldn't oblige.
Michael Joseph Krugman, confessor - the Jesus Christ 187. His motive - revenge - Jesus fucked his wife.
Swirling:
Beaucoup confessors - find a pasty in LAPD print file. Some INSTINCT working through-
Donald Fitzhugh - queer stuff confessor, Thomas Mark Janeway - kiddie molestations strictly. That INSTINCT THING worked me over - almost a taunt. The Wino Will-o-the-Wisp: strangler/mutilator/stumblebum slayer. No hard candidates-
I woke up. THAT INSTINCT big:
The Kafesjians knew who trashed their pad - if I framed some geek they'd fuck things up.
Sweaty sheets/sweaty files/that rap sheet I glommed late:
George Sidney Ainge, aka 'Georgie'. White male, DOB 11/28/22. Pimp convictions '48, '53 - fourteen months County time total. Gun sale rousts '56, '7, '8 - no convictions. Last known address 1219 S. Dunsmuir, L.A. Vehicle: '51 Caddy Eldo, QUR 288.
Touch to Glenda: 'Georgie Ainge will slap you around just a little bit more than a smidgin.'
I shaved, showered, dressed. Glenda smiled, saying stall things for now.

No comments: